“Give me five minutes and I can predict your financial future for the rest of your life,” says T. Harv Eker, author of the best-selling book Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.
How can he make such a bold statement? Let’s take a look at his premise from the book Secrets of the Millionaire Mind…
- We each have a ‘money blueprint’ that determines our level of financial success.
- Rich people think differently than poor people.
- Your thinking pattern leads to the results that you are getting.
- Learn how to think – learn the right strategies and use them – and you can change your money blueprint.
Says Eker, author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, “By ourselves, we can never see what’s holding us back from reaching our full potential. Einstein said it best, ‘you can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it’.”
According to Eker, each of us has a “money blueprint” that, much like a set of architectural plans, is behind all of our thinking. Our thoughts lead to our emotions, which lead to the actions we take, which give us the results we experience in life. This blueprint is ingrained into our subconscious.
Eker views this blueprint kind of like the thermostat in a room that controls the temperature.
In the example he gives, if the thermostat is set for 72 degrees and the temperature drops, it kicks in and brings the temperature back up. If the temperature goes up over 72 degrees, it automatically shuts off until the temperature comes back down to 72 degrees.
If you consider that we’re talking about a financial blueprint (thermostat), it doesn’t take long to figure out that he is saying we each are already programmed (from early childhood) to succeed financially up to certain levels and if we go higher, we don’t stay there – we somehow create a circumstance that brings us back down; and if we drop lower, we find a way to get back to our programmed level.
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind covers a series of Wealth Files: 17 ways rich people think and act differently from everyone else. It also includes a multitude of principles.
Although reading this list doesn’t begin to compare to reading the book with all its examples and illustrations, here are just a few of the Wealth File headings, taken directly from the book:
- Rich people believe “I create my life.” Poor people believe, “Life happens to me.”
- Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
- Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
- Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
- Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
- Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
In this life-changing book and companion 3-day live event, the Millionaire Mind Intensive, you will uncover the “secrets” that make such a huge difference in the financial success of one person versus another.
Here are ten great reasons to read the book:
1. You will finally understand why some people seem to get rich easily and others appear destined for a life of financial struggle.
As author Harv Eker will tell you, it’s not your education, intelligence, skills, timing, work habits, contacts, luck or your choice of job, business or investment. It’s your own, internal financial blueprint, which he fully explains along with the specifics of how you can change yours.
2. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind presents the information so that you “get it”. It’s not that it is new information, it’s that it is presented in a way that you “get it” as soon as you read it. You will see yourself in many of the scenarios that are shared and you will start to realize how you have been unknowingly holding yourself back.
3. You probably already suspected there might be something “different” about the rich. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind presents 17 ways the rich think – and act – differently about very specific situations and decisions.
Eker presents the way rich people assess the situation and the way the middle class and poor assess the same situation. You will see that with a little tweaking in how you are viewing things, you can free yourself from hidden obstacles that are keeping you from achieving your financial goals. Sometimes it’s truly a little tweak that makes the difference.
4. The Wealth Files are priceless. Take this first one: “Rich people believe I create my life. Poor people believe life happens to me.”
Just imagine the difference between the life of the person who takes the first approach, versus the one who takes the second approach. Think about the choices that might be available to each. Might that second person even perceive all the actual choices?
5. “The secret to success is not to try to avoid, get rid of, or shrink your problems; the secret is to grow yourself so that you are bigger than any problem.”
This is just one of the many principles that are presented, each with an explanation and scenarios to illustrate. The principles are memorable.
6. It’s written in easy-to-read format. It’s also entertaining with the many examples and exercises.
7. You can finish it in two days.
8. You get started taking action right away with the “Millionaire Mind Actions” at the end of each chapter. They are fun things to do that create new experiences from a different perspective, opening the door to thinking differently.
9. You will be inspired to make small changes on the spot. As you are reading, you will come across a passage that challenges your thinking and you will be inspired to drop an old thought pattern right then in favor of something more supportive.
10. You get two free tickets to attend the live, 3-day weekend event, The Millionaire Mind Intensive, held in cities across the United States. What could be better than that?
I originally posted this article at http://EzineArticles.com/315115.