Here are five misconceptions about adding value. Don’t let these myths fool you into missing a great opportunity to bring more value to your clients.
- Adding value means lowering your prices.
- Adding value means adding to your own costs just to provide free services or something extra for which everybody else is charging.
- Adding value means taking more time than you can afford to invest.
- Adding value is only necessary when most of your competitors are already doing it. If nobody else is, you don’t need to either.
- Adding value looks phony to the client. Nobody wants all those give-aways, they are only going to throw them away.
None of these myths has to be true. Make adding value a fun project for you and your staff as you work to identify how this might be done in your business.